COLUMBUS, OH- The jump from one level of competition to the next is often one of the biggest challenges one can make. To spring from one side of the state border to another and become one of the most recognized in your sport?
That’s a whole different level.
Ohio State Wrestler, Luke Pletcher made his name in Latrobe, PA where he was a three-time Pennsylvania state champion and four-time finalist. Pletcher also won the PIAA state title as a freshman at 106 lbs. and then knocked off the defending champion in the 2014 state finals at 120 lbs. When he made the jump to the NCAA, he was able to earn an impressive resume in Scarlet and Gray as well:
• All-American (2018, 2019)
• Big Ten Champion (2020)
• Big Ten Finalist (2018, 2019, 2020)
• Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational Champion (2017, 2020)
• NCAA qualifier (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
• TheOpenMat.com Freshman All-American team (2017)
• NWCA Scholar All-American (2018, 2019)
• Academic All-Big Ten (2018, 2019)
• OSU Scholar-Athlete (2017, 2018, 2019)
Was there anything on Luke’s List that was left off? What does the future hold? Find out the answer to those question, as well as so much more in our Player Profile.