WELLSVILLE- The Southern Local Indians came out strong, scoring on their first drive of the night in Wellsville and never looked back.
In the end, that’s all the scoring the Indians would need as Southern
Local shut out Wellsville 46-0 on senior night at Nicholson stadium.
Bradley Sloan had a memorable night for the Indians, starting things off with a 31-yard
touchdown run at the 8:36 mark of the first quarter. Sloan finished with 127 yards rushing on
just nine attempts. The senior also made a nice play on defense in the second quarter to break
up what looked to be an 80-yard touchdown pass from Troy cater to Valen Kryzton. Josh Pratt,
Garrett Brewer, and Hunter Morris chipped in on the first half scoring for the Indians with one,
four, and two-yard touchdown runs to give Southern local a 26-0 lead.
The second half was more of the same as Morris, Pratt, and Cooper Edmonson all scored for the
Indians. Pratt’s score was an 82-yard fumble as Wellsville backup quarterback Valen Krzyston
fumbled at the Southern Local 18 before Pratt took off down the sidelines for paydirt.
The Tigers are back in action against in Hanoverton next Friday night for a battle with 2-0
United, while the Indians host the first of three straight home games versus 0-2 East Palestine.
– Southern local completed just 3 passes on the night for 49 yards.
– Wellsville Senior QB Troy Carter was injured at the end of the 3rd quarter.
– Pratt led the Indians in total tackles with 5, while Caden Weekley led the Tigers with 10.
– The Indians had 6 tackles for loss, while the Tigers recorded 3.
– The Indians did not record a punt all night. Their lone attempt was a fake in the 2 nd
quarter. Austin Giralico had 5 on the night for the Tigers, averaging 32.6 on each kick.
– Both schools second teams played the entire 4th quarter.
*Contributed by YSN’s Gary Althiser